Gateway to the Arts partners with professional performing and visual artists from our community to integrate quality arts experiences into the lives of western Pennsylvania students, educators and families.
The arts will be an integral part of every western Pennsylvania child's life and education. Through arts teaching and learning we will create citizens who are lifelong learners and active participants in the arts.
- Students - In FY2012 we reached 48,916 pre-kindergarten through 12th grade students in 45 school districts, 61 libraries, family support centers and early learning centers, 21 private schools and parochial schools and 22 cultural, educational or alternative sites in 9 counties of western Pennsylvania.
- Teachers - In FY2011, 24,525 early childhood through 12th grade educators participated in our activities and professional development workshops.
- Artists - Over 160 local artists participated in our programming, ensuring them earned income, performances and teaching opportunities before very diverse audiences, and expanded marketing opportunities for their professional activities.
- 42% of our annual budget is earned from schools, school districts and parent-teacher organizations. We receive funding from the National Endowment for the Arts, the PA Council on the Arts and through PA's EITC program, to name a few.
- The cost per student to participate in our programs averages $1.65 per child and lasts a lifetime!